Back pain is an excruciating pain to experience and it is definitely something that needs proper medications at the earliest. Not only would medications be able to reduce the muscle spasms in different people, but it will also be able to get rid of future problems and help people deal with it. However, proper medications are needed, anything other than that and you are walking on thin ice. However, most of the time, complimentary things such as applying heat or eyes to the area along with proper medications and exercises will also be necessary in order to heal the pain in the body.
There are different kinds of medications that a medical practitioner/doctor might recommend to you, depending upon the kind of symptoms that you have been experiencing as well as your history for such medications. It is always better for you to view the labels and consult with a doctor before you take any kind of medications.
Some of the most common medications used for back pain are:
- Tylenol: This is a very common American pharmaceutical drug that is normally used for any kind of inflammation that you find in your body. You would be easily able to purchase these drugs without the need for any kind of prescriptions. These are also available in stronger doses, and in most cases, they would be recommended by the doctor. In spite of it being readily available in pharmaceuticals across the world, it is very important for you to know the proper dosage and medication for such drugs.
- Antidepressants: There are different kinds of medications in the class of antidepressants such as Duloxetine and Amitriptyline that not only can treat depression, but also enables the people to deal with the chronic back pain.
- Pain relievers (Opiate): The opiate pain relievers are known to be extremely strong medications, and they are very effective in taking care of severe back pain. Sometimes, these medications will be able to provide a lot more relief than the traditional drugs that you purchase from the pharmaceuticals. However, these are only to be taken for a week or two, and then discarded as it could otherwise lead to opiate addiction.
- Muscle relaxant: The use of muscle relaxants are normally done when you have extremely bad muscle spasms, which is normally to be found in the lower back. Such kind of muscle relaxants are very effective in taking care of such problems, particularly when the pain is localized. However, be prepared for some sort of drowsiness due to the use of such products.
- Anticonvulsants: The use of anticonvulsants is done pretty infrequently, and they have been known to treat the lower back pain if used in a timely manner. However, most of the people do not use it as it is pretty rare to find such kind of drugs in the pharmaceuticals.
So, as a rule of thumb, it is always important for you to consult a doctor or medical practitioner before you take too purchasing and using any kind of medications for your back pain.